Due to Coronavirus we have had to make significant changes to how we operate. We want to do our best to support, whilst ensuring your safety and that of our volunteers. If you require a food parcel please follow the steps identified below.
In light of the current public health & social crisis caused by COVID-19, we may share personal data you provide to us with food banks and other organisations providing assistance within Aberdeen City and the surrounding areas. This is to allow us to coordinate efforts between these organisations during this crisis.
For Individuals without a Referral Voucher
- If you are not social isolating and are able to collect a parcel, you must call or email before you go to a foodbank centre.
- We will fill out a referral voucher for you and forward it onto your chosen centre. You can find a list of our local centres and opening times here.
- Volunteers will pack a parcel for you ready to collect, please bring some form of identification with you.
- If your circumstances change and you are unable to collect your parcel please let us know.
For Individuals with a Referral Voucher
- Head to your chosen foodbank centre during their operating hours. You can find a list of our local centres and opening times here. There will be a parcel ready for you to collect.
- Please bring some form of identification with you.
- If circumstances change and you are unable to collect your parcel please let us know.
If you require a parcel, but cannot collect it, we offer a delivery service. Please call us before 12:00 in the afternoon if you require a parcel delivered. We have limited resources and this is emergency provision for those in crisis. We ask that you are considerate of vulnerable individuals and families facing difficulty at this time.
If you have any further questions our FAQ’s page may help, or feel free to give us a call.